E. H. Scott Receiver
E. H. Scott unit built in 1935. E.H. Scott was founded in 1925 by Ernest H. Scott. The company was known for its elaborate, high quality radio receivers. It had no connection to a later audio manufacturer H. H. Scott. This example has no top half cabinet but has a splendid Art-Deco design in front. Scott wanted to show off the 23 tubes and custom-made chrome covers. The set has 17 radio tubes plus 6 for the power supply and audio amplifier in the wooden cabinet. The 1935 Scott receiver is a transition piece with mid-length legs.