The Annual AWA Annual Convention is a multiple day gathering of collectors, historians, hams and hobbyist all focused on the artifacts and technology associated with wireless communications.
2019 Annual Convention
The dates for the 2019 AWA Convention are Tuesday, August 13 to Saturday, August 17, 2019. It will be held at the RIT Inn, Rochester, New York. The 2019 Convention will have the dual themes of “Evolution of the Loudspeaker” and “Audio Brands”. Details for the event, similar to this past year, will be posted in the spring of 2019.
Below, you will find a general schedule for the convention. If you wish to see all the details, registration for this year's convention is now open and the full details can be reached using the button to the right.
2018 Annual Convention
The 2018 AWA Annual Convention was held from Tuesday evening, August 14, 2018, through Saturday, August 18, 2018 at the RIT INN in Rochester, New York.
The annual awards for the year were presented at the Banquet. They included:
AWA AWARDS 2018
* Robert Murray Award – Bart Lee
* Bruce Kelley – OTB Award – Eileen Bisha
* J Albert Moore Award – Dan Merz
* Max Bodmer Award – James Stitzinger
* Lauren Peckham Award – David Kaiser
* Museum Award – Richard LeVeque
* Curator Award – Tom Bavis
* Deputy Director Award – Mike Migliaccio
* Director Award – Eileen Bisha
* Tyne Award – Danial Stocks, Toongabbie, Australia
* Taylor Award – Jack Poppele, June Poppele, Ginny Endries
* Houck Award – Documentation – David Hochfelder
* Houck Award – Preservation - Pete Varounis
* BK QSO Party – Paul Kent
* Linc Cundall CW Contest – John Bogath
* AM QSO Party – Dewey Jones
* John Rollins DX Contest – Harold Borchers
The AWA Museum was open on Wednesday, August 15th from 5 PM to 8 PM. The overall event schedule is shown below.